Investing in Innovation
This program provides staff opportunities to pursue projects that require funding to promote, enhance and celebrate creativity, innovation, and daring across Michigan Engineering.
Grants will be awarded for projects aligned with the vision/mission/values of the college.
Being daring means taking risks. Some projects will achieve their original goals while others will uncover new lessons along the way.
All staff may apply. Project teams must be comprised of 3 – 8 staff members from at least two different units. We strongly encourage project teams that display professional, social, and demographic diversity.
New projects will be awarded until either funding has been exhausted or the pilot period ends.
HOW TO APPLY
- Project teams complete the proposal application.
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 14th of the month.
- Unsuccessful applications will be given feedback and invited to reapply.
- Brief Project Summary
- Team Members
- Statement of Eligibility
- Program/Project Description
- Goals & Objectives
- Appendix (optional)
You may also download a filled-out, sample application to help guide you in your own proposal.
- July 14, 2019 – Earliest date grant applications are due
- July 31, 2019 – First awards announced
- August 1, 2019 – Earliest possible gran start date
- 14th of each month – Grant applications due
- Last day of each month – Awards announced
- December 23, 2020 – Pilot run complete (projects must be finished)
- January 15, 2021 – Final reports due