Dare to Do
The goal is to explore, do, and share what happens – the victories and defeats.
Participants in the Dare to Do program joined a small group of other staff members from across the college to complete leadership skill development workshops and a team project of their choosing.
Check out some of the previously suggested project ideas.
- Teams will have until June 2020 to complete their projects.
- Staff will also get release time from normal work duties to contribute so be sure to discuss plans to register for Dare to Do with your supervisor.
We do not expect teams to provide perfect solutions. All we ask is that you want to make meaningful connections, and contribute to something that helps fellow staff member at the college in some novel way.
We will organize six workshops during Dare to Do to boost participants’ skills and confidence. In addition, each team will have its own “project pal” – a volunteer liaison to the CID committee who can answer questions and guide teams toward resources.
- Projects in this phase will not get funding
- Some teams may choose to turn their work into grant proposals (which can receive funding) during the grants phase
- Projects do not need to benefit all Michigan Engineering staff simultaneously
Are you in?
We are only taking 40 participants during this pilot phase, so don’t delay.
Interested? Talk with your supervisor, and sign up for Dare to Do.
Contact Ruthie Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.